For a while now I’ve been uncomfortable with the wholesale dismissal of the idea of sexed brain differences.
I mean, yeah, most of the essentialist claims made are bullshit, and we shouldn’t depend on the findings of the cis establishment for our rights, and pop-evopsych concocts a lot of…
Yes, sexually dimorphic brains exist, even for non-operative trans women, (and the few perpetually-pre-operative cis women I know) dysphoria’s driven by the midbrain, same part of the brain that governs sexual orientation… Is genital dysphoria a body map issue? In many cases. And in many cases, from the rhetoric that surrounds someone communicating their desire for vaginoplasty/phalloplasty it’s because they’ve been taught to gender their bits, regardless of what Exogenous Endocrine Intervention’s done. And in many cases it’s because in many areas legal recognition is based on having genitalia modeled on a cissexist standard. It’s up to everyone to determine this for themselves while remaining cognizant of the other possibilities.
But all that aside, does that mean one gender is kinder, smarter, wittier? I doubt it. Does that mean one gender is inherently more attracted to pink? I doubt that even more strongly.
- mellanvarld likes this
- jollityfarm likes this
- paradife-loft reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- valeriekeefe reblogged this from kiriamaya and added:
- alltheshametome likes this
- pyrzqxgl reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- notalexanymore likes this
- readnfight likes this
- youarenotyou likes this
- noocyte reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- artemissian reblogged this from kiriamaya
- artemissian likes this
- apersonwithboundariesokay said: I agree about biological factors..? But I dislike “sexed brain difference” rhetoric because it is implicitly dyadic with no in-between or extra-binary option. So where do non-binary genders come from?
- tal9000 reblogged this from kiriamaya and added:
- prinxessmeulin likes this
- strawberryfaerie likes this
- tal9000 likes this
- kulfislut likes this
- kiriamaya posted this